Maremma Kite & Windsurfing
Day 1 – Saturday
On you arrival at Pisa airport you will be picked up by one of our local representative and transferred to Pisa central station, about 10 minutes, where you will board the train for Albinia, the journey is about 2 hours. Once arrived at Albinia you will be transferred to your accommodation Residence Il Poderino about 20 minutes away.
Dinner will be provided at the accommodation.
Day 2 – Sunday
This will be your first day Kite-surfing, all lessons are run in the early afternoon, as this is the best time for the wind to be able to learn and enjoy.
We can never approximate in Kite-surfing, it’s a fun sport easy to learn but simple mistakes can be dangerous as most of the extremes sports.
To learn you will be guided by a certified instructor from an organization that is up to date with all international safety standards.
If you are new to Kite-surfing you will start with a basic course to learn how to use the equipment in safety and take offs from the water.
If you already familiar with Kite-surfing our instructors will test your levels and will lead you to improve your level and learn new tricks and different paces.
Dinner will be provided at the accommodation.
Day 3 – Monday
This will be your introductory lesson on Windsurfing, all lessons are run in the morning until up to 12:00 when the wind picks up.
Our instructors will asses you level and develop a program for you to get the best improvement and graduate to the next level.
Day 4 – Tuesday
Second day of your Kite-surfing lessons.
The grades in this discipline are split in 9 levels:
- Level 1 Kite-rider
- learn how to control the kite and do take-offs 3/5 hours of kite-surf lessons
- Level 2 Kite-surfer
- You will learn how to return at start point in the water 10/15 hours of kite-surf lessons
- Level 3 Kite-boarder
- You will learn to jump and land softly 20/30 hours of kite-surf lessons
- Level 4
- Freestyle to learn rotations, grabs, and no hand jumps. 6 hours of kite-surf lessons
- Level 5
- Wave to learn how to surf and jump on the crest of waves
- Level 6
- Super-freestyle to learn jumps one foot and board off
- Level 7
- Wake to learn blind style, kite-loop and handle-pass
- Level 8
- Foundation to prepare to become instructor
- Level 9
- Instructor you will become a qualified international instructor of Kite-surfing.
Da y 5 – Wednesday
On this day you will be travelling inland together with the Scuba diving tour to visit some of the most characteristic location of Maremma.
You will depart Il Poderino at around 10:30 heading for Eremo di San Galgano a chapel where you will see the original sword in the rock.
The legend goes that around 1180 Galgano Guidotti an irreverent knight after that the Archangel Gabriel appeared twice in his dreams confined himself at Montesiepi Hermitage and placed his sword in the rock.
Only short walk away you will be visiting the ruins of a remarkable abbey, where the walls are all still standing but the roof is not longer in place, with a grassy floor and the blue sky the atmosphere is surreal.
You will be stop for a picnic lunch at ****** where you will be able to relax and let the heat wear off. By 14:00 everyone should be back on the minibus so that we can head to Roselle where you will be visiting some Etruscan ruins.
Once we completed the visit you will be transferred to the nearby Fattoria di Marucchetone where the local cowboys “Butteri” will have a demonstration of their skills.
Dinner with local produced of the farm will be served.
Day 6 – Thursday
Second day of windsurfing lessons.
The grades in this discipline are split in 6 levels:
- Level P1 Beginner
- Surf in mild wind, starting and finishing from the beach.
- Level P2 Advanced
- Starting in the water and be able to surf for 150min both directions.
- Level AF3 All fun around
- Start gliding and enter the world of fun-boards.
- Level WS4 Water start
- Starting from the water and use of short boards.
- Level F5 Fun
- Start enjoining strong winds and get familiar withFree-ride boards.
- Level SF6 Super-fun
- Learn tricks and evolutions and take on strongwinds and have fun.
Day 7 – Friday
Day off to relax or take advantage of canoe and bikes provided by the Kite-surfing school for a stroll to Talamone. Horse riding & deep sea fishing can also be arranged locally or day trip to Giglio Island or just chill out by the beach.
Day 8 – Saturday
There are two options for the return train to Pisa depending on the timing of your flight the 08:00 that will get you to Pisa by 10:15 or the 12:08 that will get you to Pisa for 14:15.